In the event of an emergency, your building’s Exit and Emergency Lighting must provide adequate lighting and signage for your staff and visitors to quickly and safely exit the building and escape from a potentially dangerous situation. It is therefore vital your Exit and Emergency Lighting system is functioning correctly and in accordance with the ‘Australian Standards 2293.2. Emergency escape lighting and exit signs for buildings’.
How we can help
Assured Asset Testing performs on-site inspection and testing of your exit and emergency lights in accordance with AS 2293.2. To meet these Australian standards, the testing is required to be carried out on a six-monthly basis.
Key steps for AAT Techs for the inspection and testing of your emergency and exit lighting
- Prior to testing, our techs ensure there will be no interruption to your site by establishing the emergency lighting circuits are separate from other circuits.
- Inspect all fittings for correct operation prior to testing
- Replace any faulty globes/tubes
- Isolate emergency lighting from the main power to test the lights’ battery power – 90 minutes is required
- Identify lights that do not meet the required battery operated time
- Reinstate emergency and exit lighting
- Record test results for each lighting point
To complete the service, AAT have licensed electricians available to repair or replace defective emergency and exit lights upon request. Once the testing is completed, Assured Asset Testing will provide you with the necessary documentation to satisfy the fire safety legislation, including a compliance certificate and log.